Be Involved » Suggest a Session
Suggest a Session
Individuals and study groups are invited to propose sessions for the 2014 Joint conference of the Institute of Australian Geographers (IAG) and the New Zealand Geographical Society being held June 30th – July 2nd at the University of Melbourne.
Session submissions will close on February 10th, 2014 at which time the organisers will collate and post a list and description of the proposed sessions on the conference website. Each session will have an identifying code, which will allow registrants to request sessions when they are registering and submitting abstracts in February 2014.
Not all abstracts will need to be associated with a session. In such cases, submissions will be grouped by the program co-ordinators according to theme and keywords.
You can consider a variety of session formats. These could include: a standard paper session (consisting of between four (4) and six (6) papers, which may include a discussant); a panel session (with 3 or more discussants); computer based sessions, poster sessions; or other formats (with approval of the organising committee).
How to propose a session
- Propose a title for your session.
- Submit a 250 word description that explains the rationale for the theme.
- Propose a format for the session (e.g. “standard paper session - 4 papers”)
- Include four keywords.
- Identify the session’s organiser(s) and provide contact details.
- If you know of any, list the names of people who have indicated that they will contribute to the session.
- Email your submission to Emily at ASN Events firstname.lastname@example.org